Kirsten here to share some out-of-the-box ways to think about nourishing your body, mind and spirit…
But wait, why am I even using the word “nourishment” if I’m not talking about food?
That’s a great question!
The reason I am using the word nourishment outside of its regular foodie context is because we often find ourselves so over-focused on food that we forget about all the other simple and wonderful ways to nourish ourselves.
What does it mean to nourish myself without food?
We forget that taking a walk in a forest with our dog is calming and rejuvenating.
That lying on your bed listening to your favorite song while feeling the breeze kissing your face is soothing and relaxing.
That feeling the grass tickle your feet as you watch the clouds drift by is as good as meditation!
We actually “eat” all day with our senses… we “consume” our environment through touch, feel, taste, sound and sight.
When we aren't nourishing our body's (with or without food), then we usually seek unhealthy behaviors to find false nourishment. This can lead to all kinds of negative health outcomes.
Here are 6 ways to nourish your senses, starting today…
● Relationships: Seek out and nurture relationships with friends and lovers that make you feel good about yourself and say goodbye to the ones that drain your energy.
● Environment: Remember that your environment affects your mood and energy. So if you are stuck in an office all day staring at a wall, it’s time to kick off your shoes and run wild through a park so you can feel sunshine on your back and breeze on your skin.
● Connections: We spend so much of our time alone at our computers or behind high walls and yet it’s so important for our spirits to make connections with others. So join a club or an online Meetup and make new connections!
● Sleep: There is no way around it—there is just nothing quite like sleep to rejuvenate your body and restore your entire system to better functioning.
● Movement: Movement sparks your endorphins, which make you feel energized and excited and keeps the oxygen circulating through your system, so you can feel refreshed and alive.
● Spirituality: Everything of this world changes. You relationships, environment, connections, sleep, and movement ALL change throughout your life. And although these areas are extraordinarily important to nourish...they ALL hinge on your faith life. Be sure you are also nourishing your relationship with the ONE THING that never changes: GOD.
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients realize that there is more to life than food! I call the most important parts of our lives “THE BIG 6”—these need as much love and attention as eating! Otherwise, you may find yourself staring at the bottom of a box of cookies, feeling bloated, tired, and like a failure...YES it's all connected!
If you are tired of feeling confused, overwhelmed, tired, and anxious, in your health journey...or like your life is lacking balance and meaning and you want to find a way to feel nourished in all areas of your life, then schedule a time to talk with me today so I can help you feel more energized and alive than ever before!
To your health!